About Me

My photo
A little about me...I am a self taught color pencil artist who specializes in animals and kids. I work from your favorite photos and I love trying to make my artwork as close to the real photo as much as possible. If you are interested in having a picture done, please contact me at furbabiesportraits@gmail.com. I also have a facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/KellisColorPencil

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Spring!!

Okay, it may not be officially Spring yet, but a girl can dream!  I am happy to announce that I am FINALLY back on night shift!!!   Yes, I know that sounds like a strange thing to be excited about but when I am on that shift I actually have time to draw.   I work shift work and rotate between day shift and night shifts every 10 weeks.  One thing that helps me stay up all night while the rest of the world is out cold is drawing.   I found it is a lot harder to do on day shift.  My days off are spent running errands and spending time with family and friends, followed by going to bed earlier so I could get up at 430am.   I just never felt that I had the time to relax and concentrate on my pictures.  But with night shift, I am on able to get everything done when I first get up.  Then after everyone falls asleep I can work on pictures til 6am.   :o) 

I am on a mini vacation this week before starting night shift next week.   I have plenty to work on and should be getting some pictures posted on here shortly. 

I know its rather early for most to think about it, but its time to start scheduling for Mother's day.   Time is flying by fast and I want to make sure I can get pictures done on time with a lot of details and quality that you would want.  I learned a very hard lesson during Christmas that even something that I LOVE to do--you can get burned out on.   I took on way too much.  Now I am slowing things down and taking time to make sure that I can get them done on time but also be the best work that I can do.

If you are interested in a picture, please contact me at furbabiesportraits@gmail.com.

Thanks everybody!

PS

If you want to check out some other very AMAZING color pencils artists check out www. CPSA.org

No comments:

Post a Comment