About Me

My photo
A little about me...I am a self taught color pencil artist who specializes in animals and kids. I work from your favorite photos and I love trying to make my artwork as close to the real photo as much as possible. If you are interested in having a picture done, please contact me at furbabiesportraits@gmail.com. I also have a facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/KellisColorPencil

Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Picture

Hello-

I worked on a picture all evening and I finished it and for once it was just for me.   I had spent yesterday at Art in the Park and was fortunate to meet an artist that I am a great fan of.   Her name is Eileen Sorg, check out her blog she is absolutely talented and amazing! 

http://www.twodogstudios.blogspot.com/

If I could reach her level of artistry I would be absolutely blessed and amazed!  She also let me know of some local artists that I may have a chance to meet and learn from and I look forward to that.   After arriving home, I heard from the CPSA chapter in Idaho Falls that is also going to help me learn more.   Idaho Falls is not exactly next door to Boise, but there is some artists in Boise that I was not aware of and I am going to join their chapter so I have some more potential learning opportunities. 

I wanted so badly to draw, but I didn't want to draw anything serious.  I wanted something fun, inspiring and  just for me.   Something that made me smile every time I saw it.   Plus, after hours of watching documentaries on the 9/11 Anniversary, a smile was needed.   Ten years later and I still cry non stop remembering that day.  

So I chose a picture I took years ago of my cats Cooper and Addison.  I had wanted to do a picture of them forever but when it comes to personal pictures I find it incredibly hard to do.   Both of them are siblings, but Addie died a few years ago of congestive heart failure.   I hadn't been able to even think of doing a picture without tearing up til now.  I hope you like it and that is brings a smile to you as well. 

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment